The position of Area Manager has just been given to me by a well-established multi-channel retailer covering the London area, this is an exciting fast paced role where you really have the chance to influence the effectiveness of your stores.
The position will involve both developing the current stores and its teams to grow & achieve set goals, but also to help with profitability and all commercial aspects in stores.
About the role
• They are looking for an experienced and successful candidate with existing cluster/area/regional Manager experience to lead the way and build on the success of the region.
• Experience of taking full accountability for P&L, store standards and HR support. .
• You will ensure the sales process is effectively executed in store, bringing your experience and new ways of working to the table.
• Maintain knowledge of new and ongoing trends within the market and identify competitor activity; suggest proactive business steps to maintain competitive edge, providing feedback to the business owners and taking action as appropriate.
• Proactively seek feedback on store performance and develop a culture of continuous improvement.
• Develop and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external partners.
• Motivate, lead, coach and drive the team to achieve store targets and KPI’s
• Demonstrate effective time management, planning and organising skills in regards to daily, weekly and monthly store tasks. Flexibility to travel between locations around the London area and be on hand to support teams as and when quires arise.
• Experience in a fast paced retail environment with accountability for 10+stores.
• Good communication skills and the ability to liaise with different departments effectively to achieve results (marketing, buying, HR etc).
• Good people skills with evidence of building and developing successful teams.
What’s in it for you?
• A salary of circa £50k
• Bonus potential of £22k
• Car, Laptop, mobile and benefits
• Well established company, looking to progress and develop their business along with your career
The position is not expected to be around for long, however interested candidates should apply with out delay with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.