This role is to support all aspects of kitchen operations by providing appropriate, effective instructions and monitoring.
You need to be able to identify and solve both operational and human relationship issues.
Planning and holding day-to-day kitchen meetings, attending regular operation management meetings, achieving various licences related to kitchen operation, understanding and executing of them in the actual operation and instructing other staff members are also parts of the job.
Key duties (not exhaustive):
- Time Management: timely preparation and production, as well as serving dishes to customers accordingly. Implementation of the House Rule
- HR duties (hiring, training, monitoring and evaluation) and schedule/shift management (No. of staff per hour and line-schedule control)
- Take responsibility for the team members' roles and note when training is required
- Product Management: by understanding and being able to execute the kitchen tasks at both noodle and appetiser sections, ensuring correct product delivery.
- Understanding the restaurant style and expressing it through serving the products (such as presentation of the dish, timing to serve, creating lively atmosphere, behaviour for the audience). Control of the soup and noodle conditions/qualities
- Instructing others on how to make and prepare dishes
- Inventory Management: efficient management of the inventory including its cost, timing, quality and stock level
- Effective reporting to and discussion with line managers and relevant departments
- Able to recognise issues and plan strategically and creatively to resolve these
- 1 year or more experience of kitchen management (senior supervisor level or higher)
- Outstanding communication skills
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- Ability to do (or will to learn) administrative duties such as reporting, stock counting and cost calculating using PC software such as MS Office
- Experience/knowledge or interest of Japanese cuisine
- To be able to use chop-sticks (or will to learn/master)
- To be committed and reliable
- To be willing to learn
- To be interested in your own personal development
- To have a positive outlook and attitude!
If you are a creative and passionate manager within a kitchen environment with a desire to grow your career, please apply now!