As this position is in Field Service, transport is provided so a full clean driving licence is a prerequisite. This role requires experience troubleshooting Crestron, Qsys, DSP and Polycom equipment amongst others and should have some software / Networking knowledge to be able to troubleshoot on site.
These roles all relate to Fixed Audio Visual systems as opposed to live Audio – this is important for candidates to be aware of as it is quite a different environment working in customer offices and on fixed equipment than setting up for a live event.
Outline of Responsibilities
• On-site and remote maintenance and repair of Audio-Visual systems
• Test integrated systems and perform troubleshooting when needed
• Test, and troubleshoot DSP systems
• Liaise with manufacturers technical engineers to resolve technical issues
• Fine tune audio video systems to ensure optimal performance
• Maintaining effective & courteous communication with all departments and customers.
• Managing parts car stock and updating warehouse stock levels including quarterly car stock and in-house parts stock take.
• Maintaining excellent Customer relationships at all times.
• Ability to travel to various job sites required
• To be considered for this position you will need to demonstrate appropriate qualification, training and experience.
• Other duties as required.
Skills and Abilities
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Communicate and interact with internal employees, clients and colleagues in a professional and timely manner
• Experience with remote access programmes
• Understanding of networks including VPN configuration
• Ability to diagnose complex system problems
• Knowledge of Advanced signal flow for audio, video and control
• Effective communication and interaction with employees, clients and colleagues
• Ability to balance multiple tasks with changing priorities
• Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
• Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
Education and/or Experience
• Minimum 2 years of AV service experience
• Industry recognised qualifications Crestron, QSYS, Biamp, Poly preferred
• Minimum of a Leaving Certificate or equivalent preferred
• Formal education in Electronics or related field preferred
• Valid, clean, Driver’s Licence