We are currently looking for a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER ( Remote working role ) to start ASAP
Happy to talk to candidates with 12 months + experience of developing accounts within a defence arena and equally candidates with extensive experience and looking for alternative option.
The Business Development Manager is accountable for the effective sale of specifically assigned products and general company services.
1. Educated to Degree level or equivalent in the field of Engineering, Marketing or Sales or suitably qualified by experience gained in relevant fields
2. A proven track record of success as a sales person in the Defence sector in the UK and/or overseas or be a high-quality candidate with specialist domain knowledge (e.g. a recent service leaver)
3. Direct experience and knowledge of appropriate UK Defence customers will be an advantage, DE&S, Army HQ and JFC are particularly relevant
4. Strong leadership skills to motivate and lead campaign teams whilst also being a team player, prepared to take a fair share of the work as well as directing others
5. Must be capable of communicating at multiple levels (both written and oral) across the internal business and with external customers. The ability to network and communicate well with external customers to understand their needs and intentions is key. Presentation and inter-personal skills are essential to this role including all forms of presentational media
6. Be highly motivated and a ‘self-starter’ capable of working alone and managing their own time with limited input from senior line management
7. An engineering or technical understanding is desirable to support the company’s development of complex and specialist solutions
8. The role will require Security Clearance to at least SC level
1. Reports to the Sales & Marketing Director
2. A proactive member of the Sales and Marketing Team taking responsibility for ensuring that the annual order intake budget is achieved, and business capture campaigns are realised to support the company strategy
3. Maintaining regular contact with key customer groups in industry and the UK MoD including DE&S, JFC, DSTL and Army HQ and Law Enforcement & National Security (LENS) Agencies
4. Identifying and prioritising sales opportunities and maintaining an accurate account of prospects and campaign plans
5. Leading the development of key prospect Capture Plans in line with the company strategy and order intake budget.
6. Working with a bid team to support you in the development of winning bids. A key element will involve communicating customer requirements, so the Bid Team can develop compelling and winning proposals
7. Leading and producing pricelists and estimate sheets for smaller requirements or ongoing programs of smaller buys with the support of the Finance team
8. Supporting the Strategy & Business Development function in market analysis and marketing campaigns
9. Helping to promote the company capabilities and solutions to external customer groups and industry partners including the development of marketing material where necessary
10. Representing the company at trade shows and exhibitions to promote the capabilities on offer
1. Customer empathy, 2. Solutions development, 3. Interpersonal awareness,4. Having the right impact,
5. Results delivery, 6. Quality-minded, 7. Flexibility, 8. Surfaces issues