Our client is a Manufacturer of Process Equipment and are based close to Hounslow. We are recruiting for an Electrical Design Engineer on their behalf, to design and test new and revised equipment and to produce and issue engineering drawings for manufacture. In this role you will also need to process sales orders and give engineering advice to colleagues in other departments.
- Design and detail new equipment from a client specification, source new parts/subcontract services.
- Be responsible for the Project until handover to Production.
- Work with the purchasing department and sometimes take the lead when a very different or critical component is being sourced.
- Produce drawings on a CAD system, following all the company procedures. Alter any manually produced drawings by hand.
- Using the CAD system and other computer hardware and software to their optimum level and keep abreast of new I.T. technology, materials and processes as they relate to process equipment.
- Produce drawings for manuals and quotations, as well as BOMs and recommended spares lists.
- Work according to the Company ISO 9000 procedures and other internal procedures.
- Issue Design Change Notes when required.
- Support other departments to resolve technical problems.
- Aid in installation or repair of electrical and electronic equipment in the UK or abroad supplied by the Company.
- Help with the purchasing of electrical consumables and maintenance equipment.
- Other related tasks as required by the Electrical Department Manager
- Ability to draw and understand Electrical Schematics
- Able to use Electrical AutoCAD proficiently
- Electrical Safety Knowledge
- Previous experience in Electrical Design is essential
- Knowledge / experience of Electrical Panel Wiring
- Knowledge of 3 Phase Electrical Systems including motors
- Good time management
- Knowledge of Electronic circuits, PLC design and Manufacturing software packages is ideal
Salary: £24k - £32k depending on experience, + Bonus and Pension
Hours: 37.25 p/week, Monday – Friday with some flexibility