My client, a market leading event planning company, are looking for a Junior Merchandiser to join their team as they continue to grow globally.
The role will be working in a busy supportive team of 9 and will require someone with experience of working with supermarket chains and having dealt with delivering stock either DDP, EXW or FOB.
The successful candidate will be ensuring customers stock is delivered on time and in full. They must be able to demonstrate a solid understanding of the booking in process for FOB orders and dealing with Chinese factories delivering both LCL and FCL consignments. The role is very fast paced and they will be expected to work quickly but accurately to meet customer’s high expectations.
Working days and hours are Monday to Friday 9 – 5.30pm.
- Review sales and stock through effective WSSI management
- Provide the team and business customer sales update
- New line form submission
- Booking customer orders with freight forwarders
- Invoicing FOB and Ex-works customer orders
- Responding to customer emails quickly and accurately
- Work with Accounts Dept to ensure LCL and FCL forwarder charges are paid promptly and credits raised to factories
- Work with our warehouse to ensure they are delivering to our customer’s standards
- Work with our factories to ensure they are given carton marking information accurately and on time
- Check customer forecasts and ensure commitment is agreed before ordering stock with our Buying Manager
- Ensure all debit notes are checked and challenged where we are not at fault
- Check all our warehousing cost each month to ensure we have not been overcharged
- Updating internal systems
- Optimising box sizes with suppliers to ensure
- Manage shipment schedule with suppliers and supply chain to ensure on time delivery
- Knowledge of delivering orders DDP, EXW, FOB, preferably supplying supermarkets
- Demonstrate a good understanding of Excel
- Excellent communication skills, articulate in spoken English
- Excellent telephone manner with customer
- Ability to prioritise is a must
- Organised and accurate, attention to detail
- Multi tasker and a quick learner
- Self-starter with initiative
- Comfortable in fast paced environment
- Flexible as necessary
- Interested in party products and how our customers use them
- Be a team player and happy to be part of a small team
- Friendly, fun but firm personality