Popular Japanese concept restaurant which is growing rapidly. International brand with plenty of progression opportunities!
Your progression is based on your performance, and after a 6 month probation there is the opportunity for a promotion to a management role.
This role is to support all aspects of kitchen operations by providing appropriate, effective instructions and monitoring.
You will need to be able to identify and solve both operational and human relationship issues.
Planning and executing weekly cleaning schedule also making sure smooth communication among staff members are also parts of the job.
Key Duties (not exhaustive):
- Time Management: timely preparation of dishes
- Provide schedule planning support and overtime management
- Product Management: correct portioning and presentation and instructing this to others. - Product assurance and HACCP knowledge.
- Understanding product cost control
- Control of the soup and noodle conditions/qualities and instructing others in this.
- Inventory Management: understanding of ordering each ingredient and advising appropriate stock levels
- Inventory level and product quality understanding/controlling. Understanding expiry dates and FIFO also instructing them to others.
- Human Resources Management: recruiting, training and evaluating staff members. Schedule management (overtime control).
- Facilitating a desirable work environment.
- Experience and skills of kitchen operation (as a team leader or senior staff at least)
- Outstanding communication skills
- Demonstrable leadership skills
- The ability to do (or will to learn) administrative duties such as reporting, stock counting and goods ordering using PC software such as MS Office
- Experience/knowledge or interest in Japanese cuisine
- Able to use chop-sticks (or will to learn/master)
Ideally you will be recently qualified in chef work or hospitality management and looking to build your career in the kitchen, however this is not essential.
If you are creative and passionate about managing a kitchen and looking to build your career, please apply now!