Good base salary, paid overtime, excellent working environment and good benefits package
My client specialises in Waste Management across the Midlands and are known for their attention to detail and ability to work within a highly regulated industry.
Due to continued expansion and the development of the Midlands’ sites, they are now looking for a suitably experienced and qualified Maintenance Electrician to join a small, enthusiastic and established maintenance team at their Ilkeston operation..
As a Maintenance Electrician you will be responsible for:
• Ensuring all electrical installations, inspections, maintenance and repair work is carried out to a high standard and within all statutory health, safety and environmental guidelines.
• Maintaining equipment to manufacturer’s and site standards in order to provide cost effective maintenance on site and keep all processes operational and efficient and reduce downtime.
• Carrying out repairs/adjustments as required during routine and Planned Preventative Maintenance.
• Providing emergency response call out if required.
• Identifying the cause of plant or equipment failure.
• Assisting in site inspection/testing activities.
• Working flexibly in all required areas of the site and in close co-operation with other members of the maintenance team.
• Liaising with contractors and suppliers as required.
• Ensuring that good housekeeping standards are maintained in their own activities and area of work.
• Identifying areas / opportunities for both yourself and operational improvements, and communicating these appropriately to the maintenance manager.
• Occasionally travelling to other sites to assist with special projects, new equipment installs or to provide cover
This position requires working a day shift, with the opportunity for overtime, especially at peak periods. However, as the site develops the shifts may change (slightly), so a flexible attitude will be required.
This will be an incredibly varied role, so the ability to plan your workload and prioritise tasks, as well as being able to react to changes, is vital to you being a success
In order to be considered for this Maintenance Electrician role it is expected that you will:
• Carry relevant qualifications relating to your craft. HNC/HND or similar vocational qualifications would be ideal
• 18th Edition wiring regulations
• Proven ability in a similar Electrical Maintenance position – ideally within an industrial production environment
• Some form of mechanical skills within maintenance to support your electrical experience
• Proven experience and working knowledge of
o PLCs (preferable with Siemens but others considered
o Single phase and three phase systems
o Inverters and associated electrical equipment
o Industrial installations
• A very flexible and can-do attitude
In addition to working within a dynamic and interesting environment (never a dull day) you will be rewarded with;
• A good basic salary based on your skills and experience
• Paid overtime
• Excellent working environment
• WP pension
• Career development opportunities and a real chance to grow with the business