My client is an established manufacturing business who have building and supplying equipment and components to industry for over 50 years. Now part of a larger group of companies with manufacturing sites in the UK, US and other overseas territories the company has had gone from strength to strength even throughout the current Covid Crisis.
Due to a retirement the company is now looking for a PRODUCTION MANAGER with a background in electromechanical manufacture to join an established team based in Watford
The role will be to take responsibility for a multi disciplined manufacturing operation. This includes manufacturing of housings and components in sheet metal powder coating processes and the subsequent fabrication, wiring and assembly of a range of products for a variety of customers. Clients are from a multitude of disciplines, including the aerospace, data-communications, medical, construction and other industries, for both OEMs and end users.
Your responsibility will cover all aspects of manufacturing, from ensuring that the right materials are available, including 3rd party manufactured components, to making sure that orders are complete and dispatched on time and without issue. You will also be able to communicate with the company's customers on technical and delivery issues whilst ensuring that the staff under your control are working to an optimum level. The company is looking for a "hands on" manager, someone who is not precious about titles, but someone who will get involved as required. The role will also include the opportunity to accompany the senior management team to trade fairs and other promotional events, so the company is interested in candidates with a current UK driving licence.
This is an excellent opportunity for either an experienced Production Manager OR a Supervisor looking to make the next step from within the electro-mechanical manufacturing industries.
To be considered you will need to demonstrate:
- A background in electro-mechanical manufacturing from either the lighting industry, instrumentation, electrical or electronic equipment, test equipment or other similar industries
- 5 years+ supervisory or ideally management experience of a multi disciplinary manufacturing team
- Responsibility for the recruitment of production & manufacturing staff as well as setting and managing KPIs etc
- Knowledge of an ISO 9001 manufacturing operation and associated responsibilities
- Knowledge of H&S procedures (IOSH or NEBOSH would be an advantage)
- Computer literate (Familiar with most aspects of MS office package to include excel)
- Knowledge of MRP / ERP systems (Experience of Sage used as an MRP would be a distinct advantage)
- Current UK drivers licence
In return the company offers:
A competitive basic salary with an annual production bonus, 20 days annual holiday, company pension scheme, and various other elements with the package
Please apply on line with a cover letter explaining why you are the right candidate for the role.
I look forward to hearing from you