Do you want to work for one of the largest waste recycling companies in the UK? Are you currently a Production Supervisor or and Experienced Operator of Extruders looking to take that stop up into a leadership role? Then read on and apply below...
Reporting into the Production Manager and responsible for 2x Operators on shift
The main purpose of the job is:
To be the main operator, responsible for safe running and quality production of plastic pellets. You will also be responsible for the health and safety of the other members of your team while you are on duty, ensuring that your entire team follows the health and safety guidelines set out by the company at all times.
The main task of the Team Leader job will be:
- Run to maximum levels of safety and quality in line with your training.
- Follow the maintenance schedule in line with your training as set out in the daily and weekly maintenance checklists.
- Follow all the company’s health and safety guidelines.
- Supervise your team to make sure they adhere to all the company’s health and safety guidelines and to ensure the quality of their work is always to the highest standard.
- Help to load materials onto the conveyors as and when required.
- Monitor the quality of the production to identify and remedy any problems that occur.
- Supervise your team.
- To ensure the area is kept clean and tidy at all times by maintaining a high standard of housekeeping.
- To practice the duty of care when operating company equipment in accordance with company policy.
- To be alert to all potential health and safety violations and to report any unsafe practices the site manager.
- To drive the forklift truck
- Be working a 4 on 4 off (2days/2Nights) shift pattern
- Have Experience of Operating Extrusion Machines
- Be able to drive a ForkLift