My client are a fast growing, innovative and creative company who design, manufacture & supply window displays to the biggest players in the retail industry.
They are looking for a Senior Buyer to join their production office based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to work for a really successful and exciting company.
To assist the Head of Procurement and buying team with;
• Managing the development, sourcing, production and global delivery of large volume bespoke VM projects.
• Maintaining positive relationships while negotiating specifications, pricing, and deadlines.
• Working closely with in-house Design and Production staff and suppliers to produce bespoke solutions in accordance with seasonal bespoke project briefs.
• Identifying a clear buying strategy through analysis of information, timelines, supply chain and manufacturing capabilities and locations.
• Negotiating best prices for products and service, maintaining financial control of the project.
• Generating project quotations including; cost of components, delivery charges, installation costs, design/development costs and profit margins.
• Supply Chain development, including China factory visits to improve processes, monitor production plans, quality control and delivery schedules to meet customer lead times.
• Identifying and developing new trends and manufacturers with exhibition visits (Christmas World, Frankfurt, Canton Fair, China).
• Able to interpret Technical Drawings and work with suppliers to achieve required specifications.
• Managing project reviews; conducting analysis of estimated vs actual project values.
• Knowledge of Import / Export advantageous.
• UK, European and Far East sourcing
• Drafting quotations and raising purchase orders
• Compiling mood boards with sample materials & swatches
• Creating development PowerPoint Presentations
To be successful for this role you will need to have the following skills, experience and attributes:
• Must have at least 5-7 years proven buying experience within the industry.
• Self-motivated, well organised and confident, with the ability to think on your feet and make quick decisions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• You’ll need to be completely familiar with all aspects of the firms products and methods of production and able to understand the needs of other departments.
• You’ll need to have a resilient personality because the work is dynamic in nature and involves working to deadlines.
• Must be computer literate (intermediate) Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook/MacMail and can use a MAC Book
• Commutable distance from Stevenage, Hertfordshire